cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner in Application Modeller

KT
Level 4

Hi,

Just started my blue prism project and i have to automate a web browser application. Been using application modeler and swithing between modes of Browser and UI automation. One area i can Ctrl+Right click using UI automation and it will get the elements. But when i try to highlight it again. The application modeller will just hang. Any tips on how to use this better?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kris,

Usually, UI automation mode takes some time to identify the elements. You can check very minimum attributes to identify your element and uncheck all the blank attributes, Parent attributes. Please check match index or match reverse attribute to find a unique element. 

Please use UIA mode only if you are unable to use other spy modes to identify your element.

It is recommended to experiment with the attributes returned by Blue Prism (BP) for the element rather than using them directly. You should engage in trial and error to discover the best attribute match.

For assistance, you can refer to the browser automation guides provided by Blue Prism, as they offer valuable information on this topic. Additionally, consider checking the courses available on Blue Prism University, as they may provide further insights and guidance on effective attribute usage.