cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism 6 - WebSite Automation - Global Send Keys - Special Character.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi we are working on the web site automation using blue prism 6. The web site doesn't work with the write stage. To overcome this we have used global send keys to fill the data in the website fields and its working fine.  We have some fields where we may get data which can have special character into it, e.g. email. Currently using send keys it is not writing the special characters instead it writes the corresponding key. e.g. email@domain.com results into email2domain.com Is there is a way by which we can handle this issue in BP.   Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

NickZejdlik
Level 4
Have you tried sending ""+2""? Seemed to work for me on notepad.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Nick, I am looking for a generic way to solve this issue. Which means I will send any input and it should send the corresponding key strokes. The one way to achieve is to create page / object send the entire string and it will detect any special character if true then it will replace it with corresponding keys e.g email@domain.com will look like email{SHIFT}2domain.com and it will return back same. But here I am thinking is there is any other way by which we can deal this issue. Thanks

MetVonghiran1
Level 4
Hi rajeev,   Have you try using ""Set Clipboard"" (Utility - Environment) and then usin global send key to paste it (^v) ?   It should do the trick.   Regards, Met Vonghiran

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MetVonghiran thanks for the suggestion,   The web site which we are using does not recognize the copy paste and write stage. Which means if I put the values using these methods then it will be shown in the text box but when bot clicks on submit button it will show required field validation.   With this in mind this approach will not work with this web site. 

RadoslavKiss
Level 2
Hi, calculate position of @ using InStr(). Get all chars before and after. Write using sendkeys as seen on screenshot.   R.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a similar post found on this forum. Which has a reusable VBO created for this need. It looks promising.    https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/technical-queries/processobject-stu…    Thanks