cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Installation: Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition: Database Setup Error: The file '' is invalid

AmidhaDiwan
Level 2
Hello All,

I am trying to install Trial version of Blueprism, but while installing the local database,it is giving error.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have also attached the screenshot for reference. 

10859.png

------------------------------
Amidha Diwan
5 REPLIES 5

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Amidha,

I suspect the Error Details will give more information about what has not gone as expected.

Hopefully, the Error Details will give you the information to resolve.

I'm sure the community would benefit from knowing how this turns out.

Best of luck

Chris Strong

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

AmidhaDiwan
Level 2
10849.png

Amidha Diwan

Thank you Amidha,

That's good, the Error Details does give us more information.

Searching on the community for the error message, I came across: Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition: Database Setup Error: The file '' is invalid

It looks like a restart of the computer followed by opening Blue Prism again has resolved this in the past. 

Our assumption was that a previous installation of software on the computer, required a restart that has not yet been performed.

And again, let us know how you get on, because knowing how you resolved your issue should help other people in future too.

Best of luck

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hello Amidha Diwan,

Did restarting the computer resolve the problem?

I went looking back through our notes and we saw this error for the first time at the start of February 2020 and to date, the resolution has been to restart the computer and we believe this error is triggered by a recent Windows Update requiring a restart.

Error: Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition: Database Setup Error: The file '' is invalid

Resolution: Restart computer and reopen Blue Prism

Root Cause: We believe the computers impacted would recently have had a Windows update that requires a restart.  If a restart is not preformed, then new items that go into the Windows Registry go to a 'Virtual Area' until a restart is performed.  Therefore, our Database setup is unable to read the Key which states where the location of the MS SQL Server 2017 LocalDB is.

Kind regards

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hello Chris,

Even I am being faced the same issue, referred the old threads restarting didn't resolve the problem. Please recommend a solution.

Dheephiga A M