cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citrix application issue

pranavbaraskar
Level 2

Hi 
I am trying to automate a citrix application which is launched through a web based application. Steps are as below
1. Log into a website (IE)
2. navigate to a particular icon and click it
3. the citrix application is lauched which will prompt for its login window

when i do these steps manually the citrix application will lauch but when i have BOT do these steps i can see bot doing the setp 1 & 2 but the application wont start

Anyone can help with this. I can share my screen.

thank you

Pranav

17092.png
17093.png
17094.png
17095.png

------------------------------
pranav baraskar
1 REPLY 1

JaredRumball
Level 6
Hi Pranav,

Sometimes depending on how the underlying application/web page has been built it may not register a standard Blue Prism "click". I have seen this kind of behaviour more often with an application not registering text being entered into an input field but also see it sometimes when clicking icons or buttons.

A few things to look into just off the top of my head:
  • try changing the element type in Application Modeller and see if that gives you any different options for interacting with the element and if they have any more success
    • e.g. I have changed an element from a "standard" checkbox to a ".NET" checkbox before and found that allowed certain actions to work
  • try modelling the element using AA or UIA mode and test the interaction/click methods available there
  • use a global click action
    • make sure to Activate Application and Focus the element first of course
  • are there any keyboard shortcut options available you could make use of?

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jared

Jared Rumball
Executive Director
Q4 Associates Ltd
Pacific/Auckland