cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create credentials in batch

JuanMontero1
Level 4
Hello all, this is my first post in here, 2-3 months as a BP trainee-developer now. Nice to read these forums almost every day. let's say in the near future I will be in need to have 100&something credentials created in Blue Prism. Is there a way to do this other than going one by one, manually, from System Manager-Security-Credentials? Maybe accessing DB directly? I know I can use "Internal - Credentials" for get/set/generate&set, but these won't work unless target credentials are created first. Many thanks, Juan.
3 REPLIES 3

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Hi Juan, Great to see you are getting involved in the forum community! I personally would recommend that you create your credentials manually for a few reasons: - Unless you want Blue Prism to automate the Blue Prism Application, I don't think the facility exists. - Creating a credential can be quite complex, in regards to the amount of options you can select. Such as any additional properties, expiry date and the access rights by processes/resources/roles. - You would also have to spend some time creating this list of credentials you want to batch import in a structured data format. I think after creating a few and getting into a rhythm, I could create a credential within Blue Prism quicker than creating it in a file. - I've also found that with our customers, the amount of credentials stored and managed within the credential manager grows over time. So they haven't needed to ever created a large batch of credentials at any one time. Tom

JuanMontero1
Level 4
Thanks Tom, you have real good points in there. This is a very specific situation in which the process I'm developing will interact with +100 custom versions of the same system (unfortunately can't have a central user), so +100 credentials will need to be created for an unique process at a certain time, and that's why I thought there should be a faster way to do this. Cheers, Juan.

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
I see. Delegate the job 😉