cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic HTML Element

LorraineOng
Level 2
I am using dynamic html element ("/HTML/BODY(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/TABLE(2)/TBODY(1)/TR("&[TR Count]&")/TD(4)/INPUT(1)") to read a list of items on the html page. I am able to read the value of the first item on the list; but am getting "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Reader3' on page 'Get Items' - No elements match the supplied query terms" when reading the remaining items on the list. I compared the HTML paths with the paths for the remaining elements in the Application Navigator, they both look the same; the read stage is not able to identify the element.  
3 REPLIES 3

priyankakh
Level 3
Hi Lorrain, Try inputting this dynamic html path in your application modeller's spied element for all your remaining items and try to highlight it.  You can attach the screenshot of the spied element for more clarity.

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
Hi Lorraine, You can read out the HTML of the main table (""/HTML/BODY(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/TABLE(2)/TBODY(1)/"") and then just parse the text... e.g. split by rows and then by columns e.g. or whatever :-) It's a bit of mess to do it, but it is a nice work around if the dynamic paths don't work. Also, it's usualy slightly faster. Good luck !

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
Add 'Trim("" HTML path"").   This will convert the data to text. This will ensure that the Table Row is a text and not a number and shall make it identifiable. In your example the '[TR Count]' is likely to be a number and long story short, it does not match the text values (as you have text + number + text).