cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption Scheme Confusion

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Using Version 4.2.59 What is the best method to import credentials taken from one app server environment to another where each have a different encryption scheme key? E.G. Development App Server connects to Development DB Development App Server uses the encryption scheme DEVENCRYPT 100 x Credentials created and save in Blue Prism using DEVENCRYPT scheme Production App Server connects to Production DB Production App Server uses the encryption scheme PRODENCRYPT Trying to import credentials obviously fails. I guess what I am trying to get at is - Do both/all environments need to have a synced Encryption Scheme to easily migrate credentials from App Server to App Server? This would make sense, except I would like to be able to decrypt using the DEVENCRYPT encryption scheme and re-encrypt using the PRODENCRYPT encryption scheme. Do I have to: - Store both the DEV and PROD keys in the PROD App Server Key Store - Add both encryption schemes in the Encryption schemes tab within Blue Prism - Make PRODENCRYPT unavailable and DEVENCRYPT available - Import Credentials - Swich PRODENCRYPE to available and DEVENCRYT to un-available - Then use the /reencryptdata switch in command line Can someone advise? ... Also I can see that I can choose what encryption scheme I can use for work queues, but cannot choose what encryption scheme I want for credentials. Should i be able to? Which encryption scheme will it use by default?
0 REPLIES 0