cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: can not create session to run process - The maximum number of concurrent sessions permitted by the current license would be exceeded.

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Hi BP Experts, I am getting the below error message when running my process from control room . Error: can not create session to run process - The maximum number of concurrent sessions permitted by the current license would be exceeded.   My Process that is running from control room has some steps and one among the steps is to Run a process in BP itself using the AutomateC.exe (I have used Utility - AutomateC). I am actually passing the process name and other credentials as input from my main process. Its working fine when I run locally in debugging mode. But when I run it from control room, I get the above message when that particular step is called.   Any guess why its occurring?   Best regards, Amith    
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You hit the limit of your license restriction governing the number of processes that can run at the same time. If you reduce the number of other processes running, it should work.

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Hello John ,   Thanks for your reply , In Control room , for my resource , I have only one process (my main process) and inside this main process I call my sub process. If I use the sub process stage , I am not getting any error, its working fine . But instead of using sub process stage , I use Start process action to call my sub process like   automatec /run ""test process"" /user ""My User Name"" MyPassword /resource MyResource i.e , I am using the BP command line option because there is a need to call different sub processes dynamically. one after the other.   Am I missing something ?     Best Regards, Amith    

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Obviously, calling subprocess counts as running just one process, while running process from command line counts as +1 more in terms of licensing, otherwise you could just spawn as many as you want. Besides BP has no way to figure out if it was another BP process calling it from command line or just a user.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Amith - aikudino is correct