cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching resource name from the queue

KavishaRani
Level 2
I want to retrieve the Resource used for processing of a particular queue item for my Queue Report. Is there a way out for this?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi,

BPA workqueue items table has session id. do an inner join to BPA session and BPA resources table on the session Id and resource id so you can get the resource name.

select q.keyvalue as 'KEY_Value',r.name as 'Resourcename' from BPAWorkQueueItem q inner join BPASession s on q.sessionid=s.sessionid inner join BPAResource r on s.runningresourceid=r.resourceid inner join BPAWorkQueue W on q.queueid=w.id where w.name='queuename'

------------------------------
Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MaheshKushare
Level 3
Hi Kavisha,   I am not sure about your question and requirements /scenario. but there is one option in blue prism where you can read/get the resource name on whiuch your process in running. you can use the in build blue prism function GetResourceName() hope this will help you. Thanks, Mahesh

KavishaRani
Level 2
Hi Mahesh, The function GetResourceName() gives the resouce name on which the current process is being run. My question is regarding queue report generation. I am generation a queue report. My process was executed on more than one machines so different machines locked different queue items. I want to fetch the resource name against each item of the queue. When we export the queue report to excel, you must have noticed that we get a column for resource name. Can we fetch the resouce name using any blueprism feature? Thanks, Kavisha

Hi,

I have the same question. May i know how you solved it, please?

Thanks\ Rajesh

Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
AFAIK there is no way to get it normal way - either get it from db or store that info in queue item itself and update it with GetResourceName() when you acquire item lock.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

Okay!
Can you please help me, how can I get it from db?
Br\Rajesh

Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm

Hi,

BPA workqueue items table has session id. do an inner join to BPA session and BPA resources table on the session Id and resource id so you can get the resource name.

select q.keyvalue as 'KEY_Value',r.name as 'Resourcename' from BPAWorkQueueItem q inner join BPASession s on q.sessionid=s.sessionid inner join BPAResource r on s.runningresourceid=r.resourceid inner join BPAWorkQueue W on q.queueid=w.id where w.name='queuename'

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Jerin,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get a chance to implement it till now.

And Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. I get Key column value and Resource Name with an input value 'work queue name'. I will try to add more BP tables to get more meaningful report. Thank you.

Br Rajesh

Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm