cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get All Tabs Text Action to read titles of all tabs open in 1 browser instance failing in Blue Prism 7.1.1

swapnadeep_deb
Level 4

Hi All,

We have been using UIA mode(only possible that way) to identify the Browser webpages tab in Chrome to and use the same element to get all the tab names in a collection using action Get All Tabs Text. This was with Blue Prism v6.6.

We are currently migrating to 7.1.1 and the above action is failing there even though we can identify and highlight the browser tab using the same attributes in UIA. We are using latest Chrome v114.0.5735.91

Following are the snippets from action and attributes I am using.
35676.png

35677.png

Is this a limitation of BP version with Chrome 114. If yes could we find a way to get the tab names if multiple windows are open?

Swapnadeep Deb
RPA Developer
TCS
7 REPLIES 7

expertcr
Staff
Staff

Take a look at the Online Help (LINK HERE)

Explains how to "Automate multiple browser instances of the same type from multiple Blue Prism instances."

In version 7, "tracking ID" was added. This can help you when working with multiple tabs.

Also, the community has this post for working with multiple tabs (LINK HERE).

swapnadeep_deb
Level 4

@Luis Lopez these are helpful articles for a different context but I am not having an issue with attaching to multiple instances of Chrome.

I am unable to read the titles of all open tabs in a single browser instance using the action as mentioned in my initial query.

Any insights on this please ?!

Swapnadeep Deb
RPA Developer
TCS

Hello,

I am able to read the browser tab details using UIA mode without any issues/errors (Refer below). As per your statement, I can understand that you are able to highlight the element, but the read action is failing. Can you post the exact error message here?

35671.png

35672.png

swapnadeep_deb
Level 4

Hi @Athiban Mahamathi Mathialagan 

Yes I am able to highlight correctly as you can see below

35673.png

It is not throwing any error. I am just getting an empty collection on running the action.

35674.png

I was able to read without any issues on v6.6, Chrome v83 , but not able to do so in v7.1.1 chrome v114, so I assume it's a version bug.

Which version are you currently hosted? 

Swapnadeep Deb
RPA Developer
TCS

I am currently using 7.1.2. If you think it may be due to a bug in the product, then can you raise a support ticket with BP to confirm the same?

swapnadeep_deb
Level 4

@Athiban Mahamathi Mathialagan we have done that and they mentioned it seems like an issue with the extension compatibility with browser and that we need to find a different way to read the tab titles. We have found an alternative way of reading one tab at a time but that's less feasible than getting it all at once, so I reached out to the community to check if it's the same for others

Could you also confirm the Chrome version you're hosted and the attributes/identification mode you used to identify the tabs bar?

Swapnadeep Deb
RPA Developer
TCS

Hi @swapnadeep_deb ,

I just tried to mimic your application modeler, so my attributes and spy mode are same as yours.

35675.png

Chrome Version : 114.0.5735.134