cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Utility - Environment::: Kill Process

GracieDevine
Level 4
Hello,

I am writing a new process and would like to ensure that all instances of Chrome have been terminated- I'd like to add a 'Terminate Chrome' action at the beginning and end of my main process flow.

In the Utility -Environment object, it requires the process name, but I can't type it in and don't understand if I should be adding 'Chrome' or 'My business object'.

I found this article asking the same thing a few years ago, but I don't understand the answer. How do I call my process at 'the object level'? Could someone please give me an example of how to implement this solution?

Screenshot of what I mean below, how do I create the item that needs to be placed in process name?
34966.png
Thank you,
Gracie
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Gracie,

That's a pretty weird issue as you should ideally be able to write the text while using any actions like I am able to do:

34963.png

I think some issue is there with your application as of now. Can you try to save the object then log out of the environment and close the Blue Prism interactive client.

Try to restart the machine and see if you are able to now write or not?
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Gracie,

In order to kill any application using the 'Kill Process' action, you need to get the process name. To get the process name, keep your application opened up and then go to Task Manager:

34959.png

Expand the application and then right-click on any of the container applications being displayed there that you want to terminate and click on 'Properties':

34960.png

Now here in the next window you can see the actual process name that you need to provide:

34961.png

In your case, just provide "chrome" and it should work for you.

------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

------------------------------

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

GracieDevine
Level 4
Hi Devneet,

I found the process the way you showed me in Task Manager, but I still can't type 'chrome' into 'Process Name' in the utility object. Is there a way to create a data item, or some drag and drop element that I can put in 'Process Name'?

34962.png

Hi Gracie,

That's a pretty weird issue as you should ideally be able to write the text while using any actions like I am able to do:

34963.png

I think some issue is there with your application as of now. Can you try to save the object then log out of the environment and close the Blue Prism interactive client.

Try to restart the machine and see if you are able to now write or not?

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

GracieDevine
Level 4
Ooooooh, I feel so stupid! I wasn't writing it under 'value'. I filled it in and ran the process, it works. Thank you so much!