cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a shortcut's target path

MengYu
Level 3
How to get this by coding? Or any other method? Is it right to spy in windows/folder/file properties?
3 REPLIES 3

KaiSchlüter
Level 2
Hey Karl.Yu, if i understand correctly: A target path of for example a shortcut can be found by: SHIFT+Right Click. An extended menu will open with the option ""Copy As Path"". You can Spy in Windows/Folder but check the built in VBO - File Management. Maybe that already solves some of your development problems.  Regards

MengYu
Level 3
Hi kschluter, Thank you for your comment. I've checked come designs in File Management, some can get path from a file but not for shortcut's target path. ""Copy As Path"" also can get the shortcut's path, but not the target path. I tried spy in windows but stuck in the stage after right click. It need another object to spy on the right click dialogue box, but I don't know the window title of it. Any ideas on it? Also it will be great if any advice on coding. Regards.

Christopher
Level 5
I would put my money on some 3rd party application, try one of the ones on this list for example:   https://www.raymond.cc/blog/parse-and-analyze-windows-lnk-shortcut-file…