cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the screen resolution of Virtual Machine when using Login Agent

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys, Is there anyone know how to change the login screen resolution of virtual machine when using login agent? Is the default screen resolution of login agent 1024*768? I did some tests on vitural machines, even I changed the screen resolution after logged in through RDP, it changed back to 1024*768 next time agent logged in.  So I do not think it is the BP issue, but the virtural machine settings. Can anyone share how to do the settings?    
8 REPLIES 8

Neel1
MVP
I also need the solution on this

PhilipTrovato
Level 4
+1 - be nice if BP had a way. I have not fiddled with this myself, I assume there are some video driver reg keys.

KristianGunnars
Level 2
You have to change the VM system resolution in the virtualization software you use. Your best bet is to contact your IT department and ask them to make the change. If you have to fix it yourself, then look into the documentation for whatever virtualization software you use. There is no setting within BluePrism to change the resolution of the login agent, as far as I know.

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
resolution is set by the group policy and user policy for the user which login agent uses to login. 

You can have an object which resets the screen resolution, call that everytime your process starts. We use one such utility object built by us inhouse. The screen resolution setting is done using code stage, by tapping the User32.dll file. You can search for how to use ""User32.ChangeDisplaySettings"" and also below is a link from stackoverflow which discusses the something similiar.   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15897847/how-to-change-screen-resol…  

ViralShah
Level 2
By default screen resolution for VDI is 1024*768. You can change your VDI screen resolution by login to your VDI and changing screen resolution from there. Or you can set your application resolution to 1024*768.  Solution: After launching your application check the screen bound of your application. Screen bound will give you height , width , top and bottom value. if it's not 1024*768 than resize your application to same resolution. Hope this one will help :)  

Neel1
MVP
when i am running the bot in an unattended mode via schedular then screen resolution is getting changed to 1024*768. i designed the bot in 1366*768. i tried to run different ps script to change the resolution back to 1366*768 but i did not get success. Any solution for this problem? P.S-The option to change resolution in my VM is greyed out.

MartynasBalaisi
Level 7
Absolutely first - check with your IT/VDI admins, as there could be few problems: There could be a predefined default there could be technical restrictions (e.g. Gen1 Hyper-V with windows 7 does not support more than a 1280x1024) You could test it very easily yourself: Log into VDI/Virtual machine via VNC (not RDP) try changing resolution robot will have exactly the same capabilities as you have now