cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort a date in an excel column in descending order in blue prism

MarinaDutta
Level 5
Dear All,

I am new to Blue Prism. Kindly let me know how to sort a column in an excel containing different dates in descending order in Blue Prism

Thanks

------------------------------
Marina Dutta
4 REPLIES 4

PabloSarabia
Level 11
Hi Marina!

You need to "translate" the Excel into DataTable (C#). Then you can use a DataView(C#) to sort the data. 

Code example:
DataView dv = ft.DefaultView;
dv.Sort = "occr desc";
DataTable sortedDT = dv.ToTable();

For the "translate"... Here you have a quick guide for instaling OLE DB on your Blue Prism environment. Then you can connect to your Excel like a database. Use this link to complete your connection string https://www.connectionstrings.com/excel/

If don't want to use code, you can create a Collection connection to your Excel like a database, and the you can use the "Utility - Collection Manipulation" and then choose "Sort Collection"

Hope this helps you.

Bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Programmer
Altamira AM

Dear Pablo,

Thank You very much for your answer. What I am trying to do is I have an Excel file containing a column having dates and I want to get the latest date. Attached is the Excel file for your reference. From the Column  which  is containing dates I want to get the latest dates. Attached is the example of date excel file. Can I proceed with the collection  Utility - Collection Manipulation" and then choose "Sort Collection" as you mentioned above. Can you guide me further as I am new to Blue Prism.

Thanks 
Marina

Marina Dutta

Hi Pablo,

Can I read a single column of an Excel sheet in Blue Prism. My requirement is read single column in an excel sheet and not the entire column.

Thanks and Regards,
Marina

Marina Dutta

Hi @Marina Dutta,

In Addition to @PabloSarabia , Yes you can read single column of an excel sheet in Blue Prism.

- Use MS Excel VBO with Get Worksheet Range as Collection action, where you can mention the Range of the required Column. By mentioning the start cell and end cell.
- Then you will the collection with the data.
-Then use Sort Collection action from Utility collection manipulation Business object .
24136.png

Hope it helps you.

Thanks,
​​

Srihari
RPA Developer