cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub is unable to connect to SQL Server Express

IgorPetrov
Level 2

Good day, folks!

Context: I am trying to evaluate Blue Prism platform. To be more specific: I would like to explore integration options with the Blue Prism API. While I haven't found how to just install stand-alone BP API, I am currently following the whole installation process. Currently, I am stuck with the HUB installation as it refuses to connect to the SQL Server.

Are there any hints how can I see logs or any hints why doesn't it connect?

What I did so far:
 - Tried multiple value combinations of the field "Please select SQL Server": explicit DB server name, IP address, IP address with suffix `tcp:`.
 - Creating both new users, as well as enabling `sa`. Both were able to connect through the SQL Server Management tool but not during HUB setup.
 - Created ad-hoc python script to make sure that I can still establish connection from outside world. My resulting working `pyodbc` connection string: `'DRIVER={ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Sever};SERVER=tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;DATABASE=MyDB;UID=MyUser0;PWD=XXXXX'`

At this moment, my only guess is that HUB installer requires SQL Server connection to be SSL-encrypted but I haven't found references at docs page.

Tools:
- Windows Server 2019
- SQL Server Express
- BluePrism 7
- BluePrism HUB 4.4.1

PS. Alternatively, I would consider suggestions to bypass HUB installation and go directly to BP API, even if mocked version.

Thank you!

Best,

Igor

1 REPLY 1

JacobClary
Staff
Staff

Hey Igor, I hope you are doing well today.

I can confirm that the SQL Server connection needs SSL for the connection to work. You can see that requirement in this part of our documentation here. 

I hope that helps to clarify the installation errors you're experiencing!

Jacob Clary Senior Product Support Engineer Blue Prism