cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inexistent Action in Navigate stage for SAP element

MadalinaAcsinte
Level 3
Hello,

I tried to spy several elements with SAP mode and it generates an ID like this one:/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd
But the only action I can perform with it is read the value.
What I want to do is insert text and I tried with Write stage and it doesn't recognize the element and with Navigate stage the only action I can perform is Set Focus.

Can anybody help me with that?

Thank you,

------------------------------
Madalina Acsinte
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Madalina

Have you tried doing a Global send keys or send keys event? If this doesn't work you may need to spy the element using region mode.

Michael ONeil
Technical Lead developer
Everis Consultancy
Europe/London

Hi Michael,

I can't select Global send keys or send keys events. They only option that I have is Set focus.
How could I use other actions like send global keys?

Thanks,

Madalina Acsinte

SjaakSchonewill
Level 2
Hi Madalina,

The ID that you´ve shown is the correct one for the Transaction field in SAP. I use the same one and can use a write stage to put a transaction in.
There is one thing to take in mind when using these ID´s.
In the following ID you can see four zero´s (counting starts with zero instead of one).

/app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd

If you open another session or window, the ID will not work.
When working with these ID´s, it is always a good idea to kill the SAP process and start with a fresh login.
We had similar issues with a second session (ses[1]), that made it look like the entire object application modeller was invalid.

Another great alternativ to using navigate and write stages is SAP Gui Scripting.
This can be done with code stages and has been a HUGE help for us concerning more complicated issues.

Good look!

Sjaak Schonewille
Manager Robotic Process Automation
FIEGE Logistik Holding Stiftung & Co. KG
Münster