cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with IBM Personal Communication

JosefineThorén
Level 3
Hello, 

I have two issues I would need some help with. I am automating a process in IBM Personal Communication. 

1. I need to send global keys in my automation. When only sending one key stroke it works fine. For example [pf4] for sending F4 or [enter] for enter. I'm only using Global send keys and brackets as I read in the guides. I need to use multiple keystroke combinations, shift+f4, shift+del, shift+f10, but I can't get these to work. Does anyone know the right command for these? 

2. How should I exit the application properly in order for not opening a new session the next time? The only way I have found to exit the application is through terminate or kill action in BP. But this is apparently not the best way because it will open a new session next time which the object can't attach to. Since I can't spy the toolbar I can't navigate to the exit button there either. Any ideas on how to exit and log out in some other way? 

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Josefine Thorén
Solution Consultant
Digital Workforce
Europe/Stockholm
8 REPLIES 8

diegobruno
Level 2
Hello,

1. For Global Send Keys use following key combination:

• shift+f4:  "+{F4}"
  • shift+del: "+{DEL}" or "+{DELETE}"
      Shift: +
      Ctrl: ^
       Alt: %

2.The best practice would be to log off and close de the application. Some applications  do not support being terminated by kill process.

Regards,

Diego Bruno Saraiva

Diego Bruno Saraiva Alves
Engineer
Dirwa
America/Fortaleza

Those commands does not work on IBM since is a mainframe application. Like I mentioned for the single keystrokes I have figured out (to use [] instead of {} and pf4 instead of F4), but I can't get it to work for multiple keystrokes. Any other suggestions?

Josefine Thorén
Solution Consultant
Digital Workforce
Europe/Stockholm

Hi, Josefine,

do you use Blue Prism mainframe object? There are pre-prepared actions for everything - sending key strokes, writing into fields. Concerning termination - you should not terminate the client unless you are finished with the processing. Attaching usually works as long as you specify correct Session.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

I managed to solve the global send keys issues by sending [pf16] for SHIFT F4,[pf20] for SHIFT F10 etc. 

Regarding the logging in issue. By making sure to log off before terminating the application it always opens the same session.

I am now facing another problem with the logging in procedure. Sometimes a sign in popup appears when starting the application. When trying to spy the elements I can't use the grid to read the fields. The grid is super tiny and does not recognise the text when trying to find it. See the attachment. Have anyone seen this before and have a solution? 

Josefine Thorén
Solution Consultant
Digital Workforce
Europe/Stockholm

Did you try to spy it as Win32 window? I definitely came across this in the past and it was not difficult to handle it.

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

I created a separate object and spyed it with win32 and it worked fine. Thank you!

Josefine Thorén
Solution Consultant
Digital Workforce
Europe/Stockholm

Hi Josefine,

Do you know how we can use  "Page down" send key for IBM iAccess?

Goutham reddy