cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Web Application Hangs Occasionally

ArjunGowda
Level 4
Hi All,

We are trying to automate the Java Browser based application. I am using Internet explorer as application and enabled Java techniques in application moduler. I am able to spy the elements and able to perform operations like focus, write, read, select tree views etc. But some times Java application will hang and blue prism will not respond. So some of the operation will fail because of this i.e., Blueprism unable select the country or state from the drop down. We are following all the best practices provided by blue prism but still we are facing this issues some times. Please let me know for any solution .

------------------------------
Arjun Gowda
Software Developer
Shell India
UTC
6 REPLIES 6

DebashisGhosh1
Level 4

Hi,

In the application modeller while navigating , did you provide the two parameters i.e. descendtree;ignorenotshowing under blue prism technical support input box .

If not plz try. Please check the exact syntax from the manual though I believe it's correct. May be , or ; in between the two. Just try.

Thanks

Debashis

Debashis Ghosh
Debashis Ghosh

Hi Debashis,

1. We are treating application as internet explorer in application modeller. So we will not get option to add parameter like descendtree;ignorenotshowing. This parameters are applicable for windows based Java Applications.

Thanks ,

Arjun 

Arjun Gowda
Software Developer
Shell India
UTC

UP!
We are facing this same problem. Any Solutions?
What version of BP are you in?
This does not happen in v6.3.1 but the app occasionally hangs (IE) in v7.0.1 (lastest BP version)

Tomas Dubosc

Hello - We also faced issue in working with java application like reading table from java application, selecting item from drop down.

Blue prism either crashes or hangs a lot . Followed all the best practice, After rounds of discussion with support team, we were advised for go for mix for surface automation and java mode.

plus Java capability has been improved in version 6.10.3 .Please check with this version in a sandbox environment.

Neeraj Kumar
Software Engineer

The problem is that we are actually in versión 6.3.1 and BP works fine with the java app (oracle forms) in internet explorer.
We are now trying to upgrade to version 7.0.1 but oracle forms and BP hangs a lot when running the same process that we were running in 6.3.1.
We tried to spy  all elements again , hoping this would be the solution, But the problem persists.

Tomas Dubosc

Did you get a result from this Tomas?  Have you been able to fix this?  

We are having a similar issue with and old Oracle Forms application on a process which has been fine on v6x  but after the security update we are trying v7.1.1 and we have having the forms page just vanish unexpectedly.

Matthew

Matthew Norman
Innovation developer analyst
NHBC