cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java write stage error - call to method failed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, can you help with the following issue? I have a web based app with Java applet. Since client has migrated to Win7, the writing stage that was previously working fine returns this error: "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'Set Details' on page 'Index' - Call to setTextContents failed" Reading on this page works well, the same element can be spied with java mode, focused and changes with sendkeys, so I'm guessing it's a method issue. Java version is 1.0.6_39, JAB 2.0.2, JABswitch anabled and windowsaccessbridge-32.dll in place. BP version: 4.2.35.0 (32 bit while Win7 is 64 bit) .NET Framework 2.0.50727.5485
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Luk, I have been struggling with the same issue when trying to input text on a Java based application. I have done the following (With failure though): 1. Update JRE 2. Spied/Identified my text boxes 3. Installed the Java Access bridge 4. Attached the Java based application 5. Select/Focus on text field 6. Sent Global Keys/Events 7. Write from a Data Item to the App(Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage 'Writer1' on page 'Continue' - Call to setTextContents failed)

mikolaj_mackowi
Level 3
Hi guys, do you have any update on this issue or could you give me some hints how to resolve this? I've same problem with my app. However when trying to send to TextFieldDemo from oracle tutorials website - it works. Are there some logs that could help me debug this issue and find out why is not working for my app?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There are some interface options mentioned in the Browser guide that I think may solve this issue for you - I can't remember if it is called decendtree or ThoroughJAB - but read the guide and try that option to see if it makes your error stop.

mikolaj_mackowi
Level 3
I'm not using Browser mode - I attach to the Java application (via discovered PID). I tested it on JRE 1.7_111 and 1.8.x - same result. The app is Oracle Forms based, so I guess that there is the difference, but even though it should work. I think Oracle Forms apps are quite often used in terms of automating existing business apps, so I hope blue prism developers will find solution soon. As for now, as provided in Java guide, I'm going to use GlobalSendKeys, however I'm looking forward to have this fix.

mikolaj_mackowi
Level 3
I'm not using Browser mode - I attach to the Java application (via discovered PID). I tested it on JRE 1.7_111 and 1.8.x - same result. The app is Oracle Forms based, so I guess that there is the difference, but even though it should work. I think Oracle Forms apps are quite often used in terms of automating existing business apps, so I hope blue prism developers will find solution soon. As for now, as provided in Java guide, I'm going to use GlobalSendKeys, however I'm looking forward to have this fix.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Sorry - I meant the Java Automation Guide, not the browser guide. Have you read it - especially the common issues section that mentions decendtree. That setting I think is also mentioend in our knowledgebase - have you looked in there?