cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Edition

MeghanStark
Level 3
We are on version 6.4.2, and I have a new team member with production access that I would also like to have the learning edition. Our IT team has to do the installation and database setup, but they installed the newest version and wiped out her production access. They've set it straight, but she still doesn't have the learning edition.

Any advice on how was can get a version of the learning edition to line up with 6.4.2? We are not prepared to upgrade everything to the newest version.
8 REPLIES 8

EmersonF
MVP
Hey Meghan, this look like an question to suport! Did Already you try open the ticket to Suport team?
Try send Email to :support@blueprism.com

So, but you can talk with IT Team and check if exist a datebase backup available,
And make a recovery
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

MeghanStark
Level 3
@EmersonF - I'm not sure you're understanding the issue. Production is fine. We are trying to get a version of the learning edition installed that is compatible with 6.4.2.​

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Meghan,

The Trial and Learning Editions are available for v6.6 of Blue Prism and above. You might want to reach out to your Blue Prism Account Manager to determine the possibility of obtaining a previous version.

Support for these editions is provided exclusively by the Blue Prism Trial & Learning Community. You may want to inquire on that forum in the Community about this as well.

EmersonF
MVP
I searched everywhere on the portal prism blue, But I believe that it exists only training versions to part of version 6.6 @ewilson Can you help for this question?​
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

MeghanStark
Level 3
The rest of us have the learning edition installed, so I know it's possible!

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@MeghanStark there is no Learning Edition for v6.4. If that's the version you're on, and you want a new team member to be able to get experience with Blue Prism w/o impacting the Production environment I would suggest having them install the same v6.4.2 that you have in production, but instead of connecting to your production DB have them define a local DB instance. They can do that using a local instance of SQL Server Express or Developer.

You may need to reach out to your account manager though to get a license for them to use instead of chewing up a production license.

Cheers,
Eric​

MeghanStark
Level 3

@ewilson - using a local SQL database IS how the learning edition works and no additional license is required.

I'm not sure who our Account Manager is. Do you know how I find that information?​

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@MeghanStark I'm well aware of HOW the Learning Edition works. The issue here is there's no such thing as a "Learning Edition" for Blue Prism v6.4. However, as I explained previously you're essentially creating your own "Learning Edition" by installing the version of BP you need for your environment and your own local copy of SQL Server Express or Developer (which are both free).

You can try opening a ticket with support and explaining what it is you're trying to do. They may be able to generate a time-bound license for you new person.

Cheers,
Eric​