cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Agent - Operation Timeout Error

TejendraBandaru
Level 3
Hello Everyone,

I have installed Login Agent process in the resource machine and added SAS service also, to enable the group policy settings on the fly.
After this i have started BP Login Agent service and SAS service also.

But when i run login process, I get below error. Can anyone look at this issue and if you have resolved this issue anytime, please let me know.

------------------------------
Tejendra Bandaru
Consultant
EY India LLP.
Asia/India/Chennai
7 REPLIES 7

gmarquez
Level 6
Hi Tejendra,

The screenshot didn't attach to your message.  Can you type in the error message you are receiving or repost the screenshot? 

Even though you have SAS enabled, it might not be working to remove some of the group policies.  The best thing to do is to get a console viewer (not Remote Desktop), launch your Login process and see in the console if the process is able to bypass any applied policies.  If not, then you will need to apply the group policy recommendations to remove any blocks to the login screen.  

Thanks,

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism
America/Chicago

Hi Gabe,

The error is as follows : 
ERROR : Exception: 0x80131505: The operation has timed out.

We did not enable group policy settings as it was not recommended by the client, hence i installed SAS service on the machine.

Also, I opened the machine and logged into it and tried running the Login process in debug mode. The first step is to check if the machine is logged in or not. As i am logged in manually, this flag should be true. But it is showing as false even i am logged into the machine.

Keep the group policy setting aside, the process which checks if the machine is logged in or not should return true if the machine is already logged in manually. Still it return false. Any idea why it could be?

Tejendra Bandaru
Application Developer Analyst
Accenture India Private Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Tejendra,

Any error message that is similar to Exception: 0x80XXXXXX is an error that has come from Windows.  This most likely means that the account probably didn't have access to run the command for checking the user login.  If you look at the code in the Login Agent Object, you will see that the checked login is just a single line of code to see who is logged in.  If that single line can't run, then it is getting blocked by something on the OS.

I hope that helps.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

Hi Gabe,

As you said, the account din't have access to run the command, what access are you referring to? If you can let me know what access is it, i can ask the IT team to provide the access on it. 
Adding to this, Logout process works fine. When i run logout process, the machine logs out successfully.

Thanks much!
Tej.

Tejendra Bandaru
Application Developer Analyst
Accenture India Private Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Tejendra,
Do you have any resolution on the issue?If yes,Could you please share the details.

Regards,
Sai.

Sai Srinivas GS

Gabe, how are you?
I have the same problem. I can't login and it throws exception 0x80131505. Do you know what access must be enabled so that it does not launch that error?
From already thank you very much

Fernando Damian Sidoni
Dev
Ctrl365
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

Hi,
If you try the Check login action in debug mode from a RDP session it will alwys be false as RDP is not a recognized logon type in Login agent. try to run it from a console session using tools like Bomgar,Dameware, Vcentre it will return true.

on the operation timeout issue make sure the system is not prompting for additional Logon Texts like intellectual property declaration which is common registry setting done from most of the entreprises. even though SAS is enabled login agent wont be able to bypass logon text messages.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful, please press the "Recommend" Button.*