cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing connectivity to Parent Server when more than one Remote Desktop Session is Started

kishoreB
Level 2

Hi All,

I have tried to login into Server ECTXPRHM13 using "svc-PRBPRobotadm" and take RDS session of Service accounts "svc-PRBPRobotSSO" & "svc-QBPRobotadm" on the Server ECTXPRHM13.

I have used port numbers 8180 & 8183 to show them up as separate Run time machine. Further I have created a login process for logging into Server ECTXPRHM13 using "svc-PRBPRobotadm". Also, used RDS VBO to create RDS Sessions for Service accounts "svc-PRBPRobotSSO" & "svc-QBPRobotadm" on the Server ECTXPRHM13.

Initial ECTXPRHM13 was in logged out stage and when schedule is triggered to start login process on ECTXPRHM13 seems terminated stating message "machine should be logged out first to login".

Still our further process to start RDP sessions using Service accounts "svc-PRBPRobotSSO" & "svc-QBPRobotadm" has started and ended up bringing the Run Times for service accounts online however parent server connection shows are lost. Further session ended up in warning state.

When I further login into ECTXPRHM13 using "svc-PRBPRobotadm" I will create another RDS Session and shows machine as online idle.

This behavior seems strange to me as session is ended up in warning stage and not moving further. Please help me what changes needs to be done so that it works for me.

------------------------------
Kishore Kumar B
4 REPLIES 4

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Kishore,

Blue Prism does not recommend the use of multiple desktop sessions on one machine. We specify a set of requirements that remote access tools must adhere to in order to ensure that the remote access does not interfere with the operations of the Blue Prism Enterprise software, with the essential criteria being:

• Console style access (non-disruptive observation)
  • A single session for all remote connections (i.e. no multiple sessions)
  • The remote connection is maintained through a system reboot

As such, Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) is categorically not recommended as it does not meet any of the criteria required by Blue Prism.

Instead, we suggest that any virtual machine is only running one desktop session at once. The types of software which allow for multiple sessions (for example, Remote Desktop Connection and MS Terminal Services in general) are not recommended solutions for virtualization or for remote access for this reason.

If you need to make use of a powerful desktop machine to run multiple resources, then we would suggest running multiple virtual machines instead of multiple sessions.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

As per the blueprism recommendation don't use same machine as multiple instance. Instead of that use multiple VM server.

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

We have tried to move to Non-Persistent Virtual Desktop however login agent is not supported. Further machines are showing in idle state but connection seems disconnected. Please advise if we can do some configuration changes and get it work.

Thanks,

kishore B

We can't use login agent for Non-persistent VDI. Instead of that use persistent VDI, for one machine please use one user alone and the same will work as expected.

Regarding setup please check in below article.

How to set up Login Agent : (blueprism.com)

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia