cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIEx - Save Mail

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5
Hi Everyone, Does one of you was able to create an action for saving an email message by ID using BluePrism MAPIEx? I have made a lot of search in internet, but google didn't find any solution for that. I will appreciate any bit of advice. Thanks in advance, L
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12

I highly recommend grabbing the MS Outlook VBO from a BP6 install, or from the Digital Exchange. (Note that installing BP6 doesn't mean upgrading your instance - just install it and copy the files out of the VBO directory where it installs, then downgrade to whichever version your environment supports.) Here's the code they provide for this.

Dim app = CreateObject(""Outlook.Application"")
Dim _nameSpace = app.GetNameSpace(""MAPI"")
Dim item = _nameSpace.GetItemFromID(Entry_ID)
item.SaveAs (File_Path & File_Name & "".msg"")

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
Outlook VBO is great, but it doesn't have (yet) functionality to work with multiple Outlook profiles. If you're using them with Mapiex, I suggest you wait till BP releases an updated Outlook VBO.  @amibarrett helped on another thread by changing the code in Outlook VBO to work with multiple profiles, but no official support from BP yet.   
Pranav

AmiBarrett
Level 12
It does if you modify it (which I have, extensively). You can find instructions for that particular modification here: https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/technical-queries/general/outlook-v…