cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSEdge is not pop-up when rinning in the control room.

Lily.L
Level 5

Hi guys,

We have a web-based process involving MSEdge. We can launch MSEdge from both object and process studios.

However, when we try to run the process in the control room, the web-based MSEdge appears, but it's hiding after the screen which means does not pop up. I have to bring it up manually, so it can perform the tasks well, otherwise, it's terminated because of failure of spying elements and cannot perform tasks. I also have included the "activate window" and "verify" steps.

Can anyone explain what wrong with MSEdge and why it cannot be automatically pop up when running in the control room? And, how can I fix that problem when running in the control room?

Hence, the MSEdge's object is in foreground run mode, other objects are in background run mode.

------------------------------
Mia Mikela

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Wagner,

There's a possibility that we get ami error if we have a wait stage attached after launch. 

@mia mikela  after activate and maximise please have  check on one element if it exists, based on the output if you're using only one application in your automation  sending ALT+TAB keys would be an option to get the application on top.

Hope this helps…

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

View answer in original post

17 REPLIES 17

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Mia - the Run Mode of an object determines how or if multiple processes can run on one machine at the same time, it's not really to do with whether a window is activated or not. I would advise adding an activate to the end of the launch page, something like this.

20495.png

John Carter
Blue Prism

Hello Mia, I hope everything is going well with you. Regarding your issue, I usually add a "wait" verification stage after the Launch stage to ensure that the page has been successfully opened and fully loaded. Then, I use the "Activate Application" stage to bring the window to the foreground (here, I add a "recover > resume" block to handle cases where an error is generated indicating that the window is already in the foreground). After that, I use the "Maximize" stage to maximize the window.

Furthermore, you can create a page in your object responsible for the "Activate Application" action and call it on all pages of your object, before any interaction. This is done to ensure that the screen is in the foreground, in case any Windows pop-up or similar event has occurred.

Below is a screenshot of an example flow for your reference:

20496.png

I'm available for any questions you may have.

Wagner Vasconcelos
Analista de Inteligência Operacional Sênior
Grupo Casas Bahia
America/Recife
If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

harish.m
Level 12

HI Mia Mikeala

Just to add  - I Used Activate and maximize in  Attach  page  apart from the launch page and use the attach in all  other  pages in the object level

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Thank guys, I'll try and let you know 🙂

Mia Mikela

Hi Harish, I do add activate/verify and maximize , sometimes it's working but sometimes it's not.

Can you please share your process map for the Attach page? I'm still concern whether I should put activate/maximize steps in the launch page or attach page...

Mia Mikela

Hi Wagner, may I ask what item/element you put in the Wait Stage in that picture? Thank you!

Mia Mikela

Hi Wagner,

There's a possibility that we get ami error if we have a wait stage attached after launch. 

@mia mikela  after activate and maximise please have  check on one element if it exists, based on the output if you're using only one application in your automation  sending ALT+TAB keys would be an option to get the application on top.

Hope this helps…

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Hi Mia, the element I use is the web page body or /html(1). Additionally, you can create an "Activate Application" action on the Attach page. Since it is always invoked on all action pages of the object, you will ensure that it is always brought to the foreground. I follow this approach, and it has worked well without any issues.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer."
Wagner Vasconcelos
Analista de Inteligência Operacional Sênior
Grupo Casas Bahia
America/Recife
If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

Hi Wagner,

I have followed your steps; it's working, but it's not consistent. Sometimes the screen pops up but another time the screen is hiding and I have to bring it up manually.

I cannot add an activate window and maximize steps in the attached page because it has to step through many screen. I did try this way but it seems not working.

Here are my steps in the launch page

20501.png

Mia Mikela