cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Index

NokulungaNxele
Level 2
I am using an Application and everytime i search on it , the Match Index keeps on shifting. How can i get a match index of any element spied? So I want to be able to get a match index even if it is the wrong one?      
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Like any application modeller attribute, match index should only be used if your testing shows that its value is consistent.  It sounds like for how your application is built is making  the match index option inconsistent (maybe elements are dynamically being created in some random order).   I think the only option for you is to not use match index for where you are seeing this issue.

NevilleWatson
Level 4
Would Ordinal be a better option?  We have worked out that certain elements are created or not depending on a number of factors which we cannot identify.  This then causes the match index of elements to ""shift"".  Is it possible to read the match index attribute of an element?>  

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
Depending on the value, you can:   Create 2 elements. One will use a 'Wildcard' for the index' to verify that the element is identifiable and exists (used in a timer) You can then use Read 'Attribute' to read the index number and store it as text (e.g. [Index element number]) Second element will have a dynamic index attribute, which is then replaced by [Index element number].   Or, you can set index as dynamic value, for example if it only changes between 0 and 10, you can then recover when ever BP fails to identify the element and add one to the index value until it either hits the element in question or raises exception.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Ordinal is an application attribute whereas Match Index is generated by Blue Prism. Match Index tells Application Modeller to stop searching after finding the Nth matching element. Ordinal is an element index in the application and although usually stable, I have learnt to my cost not to trust it completely - I think it's dependent on how the application was developed and is not guaranteed to be unique or consistent.