cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLEDB - Error for get LIST from Sharepoint - The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'LIST'

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi All,

When we are downloading sharepoint list with OLEDB we encounter from time to time below error:

ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'LIST'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If 'LIST' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

It concerns only one sharepoint list. Usually restart of virtual machine helps but it is not stable solution. Anybody had this error happening in random manner? I could not find any pattern why this is happening.

Below is my OLEDB connection string:

"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;WSS;IMEX=1;RetrieveIds=Yes;DATABASE=https://rockwellautomation.sharepoint.com/teams/OESOPKAT/MP/_vti_bin/;LIST=A3887006-DD9B-4DF9-A891-131B0E814C3F;"

Best regards
Michal

------------------------------
Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Jason,

For us it helped implementing error handling that opens specific sharepoint site when this errors occurs and then it tries again. Can You share your connection string?

Best regards,
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SwarajPoonye1
Level 2
Hello Michal,

You should open the SharePoint on IE first and then try again. At least once, you should open the SharePoint on IE.

It worked for me.

Hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards
Swaraj

Swaraj Poonye
RPA Developer
SDworx

Hi,

It is already solved.

Best regards,
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Michal

just wondering how you solved your issue. 

I am having the same issue updating a access database (linked to SharePoint) via blue prism. 

it seems to work fine for about 6 or so records and then I receive this error.  

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated as I am running out of ideas to try fast. 

thanks

jason 

Jason Bishop
Assistant Director
Department of Social Services
Canberra

Hi Jason,

For us it helped implementing error handling that opens specific sharepoint site when this errors occurs and then it tries again. Can You share your connection string?

Best regards,
Michal Szumski

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw

Hello,

Facing the below issue.

Query is creating duplicate file and not giving any error as well. the same query used to work till last week.
Connectivity to share point is okay. Manual operations are going fine. Facing issue only for SharePoint not for local file.

System Exception : SE-Unable to Update data for Po Book Read Po Numbers PageSE-Execute Excel Query-SE-Process failed at Execute Excel Query page due to : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object 'PO Cfm Book$'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If 'PO Cfm Book$' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect