cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUTLOOK VBO- Duplicate emails

nhaque3
Level 2

Hello,

We recently updated to O365 on our virtual machine and we are finding an issue where Outlook VBO, adds an email in the DRAFTS/OUTBOX folder even if an email is sent and once outlook is started on the next run of the process, it will automatically send out anything in the DRAFTS folder resulting in duplicate email.

We have added wait stages of up to 60 seconds to ensure the instance of Outlook is not closing too quickly before the email is sent out. Before the end of our process we open Outlook again for another 90 seconds to see if that will empty out the OUTBOX folder, but nothing seems to be working, we continue to experience the issue of duplicate emails. Has anyone faced a similar situation ?

------------------------------
Nadia
4 REPLIES 4

Gouthamreddy
Level 3
I am  facing same issue. Any solution ?

Goutham Chamala

MarcinB
Level 2

Hi,

We're suffering from the same issue... Based on my experience it's mostly related to shared mailboxes. BP support suggested to disable 'Use Cashed Exchange Mode' option in the E-mail's account settings, but in my case this option is greyed-out due to the company policy and cannot be managed separately for each machine. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Marcin

Having seen this behavior before, and resolved it, this is definitely being caused by the Outlook client option "Use Cached Exchange Mode" being enabled for the account/s in question.

If the option to disable this setting is greyed out or unavailable, it is likely due to Enterprise group policy rules being applied to the runtime resource and/or account population being leveraged for Blue Prism. To resolve this, engage your IT organization on the matter to see if arrangements can be made to "carve out" an active directory folder (OU) that your resources can be put in such that they can create an exception to this rule being applied. At that point, you should have the power to disable it.

Thanks!

P.S. My first post to the community....I hope it helps!

Jeremy Bara
RPA Solution Analyst
WestRock
America/New_York

Thank You Marcin!
By changing settings issue was solved

Goutham Ch