cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open file with wildcard

Does anybody know what the most efficient way would be for me to open a file based on its extension and location? The rules are that the file with that specific extension will be the only file in the folder present at the time that has that extension and should somehow be selectable (it's a pdf in my case). How should I do this without interfacing with adobe reader etc.?
3 REPLIES 3

BastiaanBezemer
Level 5
Hi Sébastien, If i understand you correct, you have 2 questions: How to get the file in a folder with a certain extension How to open that file (PDF) without interfacting with Adobe Reader. To get the File(s) in a folder with a PDF extension, you can use the object Utility - File management with as action Get Files. As Folder, you give the path to the folder with your file(s). as Pattern CSV you give in your case ""*.pdf"" Then to open the PDF without interfacting with Adobe Reader, you can use the object Utility - Environment with as action Start Process to open the file (As input Parameters; Application the full path to Adobe acrobat, as Argument ""/s "" & the full path to your PDF file - Which you got at step 1) the /s prevents Adobe Acrobat from opening the Splash screen, so you'll see the file right away. Chances are that we're working for the same company, so try to Ping me on our company communicator if you have any questions.

Hi , Bastiaan. This is expression is right for Argument?

18629.png

------------------------------
Yaroslav Tkachenko

@YaroslavTkachen

Have you tried just using the Path itself? If you're having trouble with the syntax of including the /s then just try it without that. I've never needed it when triggering Adobe to open a PDF. Certainly include it if you find its necessary but no need to complicate your syntax unless you've tried it without.​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA