cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with getting data from Chrome using HTML

EwaTurowicz-Kwi
Level 4
I am a novice developer. I have encountered the following problem. The application field spied on in IE as an HTML element had the attributes Path -Dynamic and Enabled. I am currently working in Chrome. I spy in Browser Mode. The same application spy field returns the Web Path attributes but does not have the Enabled attribute. I cannot get the value from the given application field. However, empty lines are added to the collection, with no values that appear in the application. Due to the dynamically changing values, it seems to me that I can only download this data in HTML. The Read function has no Data Get current value but Get text, but takes an empty field instead of text. Have any of you encountered a similar problem or know how to solve it?

------------------------------
Ewa Turowicz-Kwiatkowska
15 REPLIES 15

Hi Ewa,

For Browser mode, as far as I know Enabled attribute is not available as it was available with IE mode. But using XPaths, you still can have expressions like:

'//textarea[not(@disabled)]' or '//textarea[@disabled]'

So here instead of textarea, you can supply the tag name which is associated with the element that you are trying to read. If you want to let say read elements which are not disabled then the first example would work and if you want to read elements which are disabled then the second example would work.

Also, on more way to read element values can be to get the source HTML of your web page by using read stage on your entire web page and use 'Get HTML' action:

28271.png
From here, you can try to parse the HTML using XML business object and get the desired node value as you want. If it is a collection then you need to loop through and add logic to determine the valid values from the parsed HTML string and insert the appropriate values in your collection.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

EwaTurowicz-Kwi
Level 4
Hi Devneet
Thank you for your interested. I am attaching some details, I do not know if I described the problem correctly before.
I'm using Blue Prism 6.6. and Chrome Version 100.0.4896.88 (Official Version) (32 bit)

setting in application modeler
web path-dynamic-value (HTML adress)

in the i Read block, I don't have the items you indicated, we probably have different versions of Blue Prism

Are XPaths in an Action block? Is this the Utility-XML object? I have not dealt with these elements yet, hence my little knowledge.

Ewa Turowicz-Kwiatkowska

Hi Ewa,

The Xpaths are mentioned in the 'Web Path' attribute only. By default what you get there is a generic HTML path like: /HTML/BODY/DIV/UL/LI .... something like this.

So instead of such paths, you can provide either CSS selector expressions or XPath expressions. Again for creating an XPath you need to test it on the Chrome Browser by using the 'Inspect Element' functionality and you can use CTRL+F key to test Xpaths there. Once you have tested it properly you will be able to use the same in Blue Prism.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hi Devneet 

I was unable to get the value from the field using the HTML Path. I tried in different ways with different attributes etc. Apparently the reason is too low version of Blue Prism. I will update Blue Prism to a higher version and then try again.
Thank you for your help 🙂
Regards

Ewa Turowicz-Kwiatkowska

Have you tried using a newer version of the browser extension with v6.6?

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Yes I have.
Chrome is up to date
Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Blue Prism Browser Extension, is also installed for version 6.6

Only in IE I can get the value of this field.

The READ block does not contain the data "Get Current Value" but "Get Text". For IE, the "Get current value" option appeared in the READ block, for Chrome I cannot get the current value. I suppose in higher versions of Blue Prism it is possible to download this data, but to check it I have to upgrade.

Ewa Turowicz-Kwiatkowska

The READ block does not contain the data "Get Current Value" but "Get Text". For IE, the "Get current value" option appeared in the READ block, for Chrome I cannot get the current value. I suppose in higher versions of Blue Prism it is possible to download this data, but to check it I have to upgrade.

Ewa Turowicz-Kwiatkowska

What I mean is to uninstall the Browser Extension you're using and try a later version of the Blue Prism Browser Extension such as 6.9.

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

What kind of element is this? Is it a select box or input text field or what?

Dave Morris
3Ci at Southern Company
Atlanta, GA