cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with implementing ClosedXml In blueprism

okud
Level 3

Hello Guys,

We are trying to avoid the use of VBA's and conventional blue prism actions to process excel. We want to use the closedXML. I download the nuget package on visual studio and perfromed a simple read excel to datatabel and it worked. the problem now is that when I try to move the dll to blue prism  I have two errors.

the external package is link to closed xml nuget 

Action 1Code1ErrorValidateCompiler error at line 20: 'Skip' is not a member of 'IXLRows'.No

Action 1Code1ErrorValidateCompiler error at line 23: 'Count' is not a member of 'IXLCells'.No

okud_0-1717609659689.png

here is what my global code looks like, initially I had 17 errors but I have managed to clear them to 2:

okud_1-1717609782692.png

Thanks in advance

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Asilarow
MVP

The errors you are mentioning are happening because you are trying to use methods that are not a part of the classes you are using.

https://docs.closedxml.io/en/latest/api/index.html#interface-ClosedXML.Excel.IXLCells

Count does not appear to be a valid method for IXCL.Cells, and Skip does not appear for IXCL.Rows either.

Andrzej Silarow

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Asilarow
MVP

The errors you are mentioning are happening because you are trying to use methods that are not a part of the classes you are using.

https://docs.closedxml.io/en/latest/api/index.html#interface-ClosedXML.Excel.IXLCells

Count does not appear to be a valid method for IXCL.Cells, and Skip does not appear for IXCL.Rows either.

Andrzej Silarow

Hi @okud ,

Can you share the code where you are facing this issue? This would help us to exactly see how you are using these attributes as IXCL.Cells and IXCL.Rows cannot access these attributes directly as @Asilarow has already mentioned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

okud
Level 3

Hello @Asilarow . Yes You are right. Thank you . I also noticed that my blue prism does not support .net 8.0 and I think the version of ClosedXml that implements count and skip might be in a much higher .net version. I have decided to implement my own custom dll using Open XML SDK with .net 4.0 and it works now.