cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Studio, startup parameters, 'process does not exist'

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hello, We have installed standalone Blue Prism on several VDI and PCs and everything seems to work fine. Connection to local database is working and new DB for BP repository was created by connection set-up workflow. Business objects, templates and processes can be created, imported and exported. Processes can be started in studio and also executed via Control room. Everything seems to be fine except... When opening any process in Studio and click on Debug\Startup Parameters, a window is opened 'Startup Parameters' with headline 'Set startup parameters on multiple sessions'. And following error message is preventing to set any startup parameter: Internal error: 'The process does not exist in the database'. Please contact Blue Prism for support if this problem persists. It is possible to set the startup parameters when starting the process in Control room. Some process have been created in a different installation of earlier version of Blue Prism and worked fine there. The used exports have been Importe on other installations and worked as expected. Newly created processes on this installation show the same error message, although works fine in Control room. The only common difference of previous installations and the ones with this error is the version. Working installation: Blue Prism 6.2.0 New installation: Blue Prism 6.3.0 .Net FW 4.7 SQL Server 2017 Windows 10 Every help is much appreciated 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Walter, sounds like a bug, so if you can submit the information above to support@blueprism.com, together with the offending process, it'll get forwarded to the product team for investigation. In the meantime, try removing the parameters from the main page Starts stage, save the process, close and reopen, then recreate the parameters. Also try creating a new test process, add start up parameters, and see if the error is still present.

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi John, Thanks for your answer. I have tried: - take newly created process without parameter - add new parameter, save, open debug\startup parameter window > error message - close and reopen process - remove parameter, save, close, reopen process, open debug\startup parameter window > error message Tried various combinations with adding, removing, saving, closing & reopening the process, always with the same error message.   Meanwhile I have created a support ticket and already got reply saying this is a known issue and will be fixed in 6.5

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Hi ,   I had this exact issue while I was executing a sub process via cmd line from my master process. I think its a bug . I found the issue. It is happening only if you open one more BP client for your QA region. your DEV  runtime somehow connects to QA client and it tells no process exists. So I have closed the extra client I have opened for monitoring my QA control room and then restarted my run time(just open a new BP client after closing it). After this its woking fine , so such error like process cannot be found. And this is occurring always when I open a new BP client window for my QA control room. I am using version 5 Regards, Amith