cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question : Get Exception Items

PavanImmadisett
Level 2
Hello everyone,

"Get Exception Items" from Internal "Work Queues" BO is not giving correct results.  For example, I have 3 exceptions. I retried 1 and marked that too as exception.  So, total 4 exceptions in my queue.  When I call the "Get Exception Items" method, it's giving me only 1 as output.  It's taking the highest attempt number and giving only those results.

------------------------------
Pavan Immadisetty
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
The Item ID is linked between the different attempts of an item. In that sense, Get Exception Items is giving you the correct result - a single Item ID - since all four attempts have the same one. There is not a way that I know of to traverse each individual attempt within the default Blue Prism objects. If you are looking to capture the number of attempts, you can use Get Report Data and set the "Treat each attempt separately?" parameter to true; that will count each attempt as a separate item for reporting purposes.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
The Item ID is linked between the different attempts of an item. In that sense, Get Exception Items is giving you the correct result - a single Item ID - since all four attempts have the same one. There is not a way that I know of to traverse each individual attempt within the default Blue Prism objects. If you are looking to capture the number of attempts, you can use Get Report Data and set the "Treat each attempt separately?" parameter to true; that will count each attempt as a separate item for reporting purposes.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer