cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ image stage failing for list region method saying parameter not valid

soumyadarshanee
Level 2
Hi,

The requirement of my project is to retrieve bill numbers from IBM Pcomm screen as per the required color. I am using list region method to read the bills one by one then using image manipulation VBO getting the color of image , if the bill is in white color then add it to BP queue.
This solution of mine is working fine but sometimes I get an error like ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Read Stage 'Read Image' on page 'Get Text Colour' - Parameter is not valid.

and bot fails to read image from region. this does not happen always , it happens sometimes. Please help me on above error
2 REPLIES 2

marc.church
Staff
Staff

Hi

I presume you are using Surface Automation?  In v6, you have the option to change the colour levels, maybe some invoice have a slightly different colour?

In order to resolve this, you may be better opening a Support ticket where we can get further information from you.

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
The desktop is probably not active.

I've seen the "parameter is not valid" error a lot when building some custom surface automation code. It stems from the Graphics.CopyFromScreen function in .net (which I would assume Blue Prism is using for the Read Image stage). In my experience it seems to occur either when the desktop session is not active or due to memory issues. It's quite likely the desktop is not active, which might explain why it's only happening some of the time. You may be able to confirm by using the Is Locked / Is Logged In actions in the Login Agent object when the error occurs to see if it is logged in and unlocked or not.