cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading value from protected text box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am currently attempting to retrieve a text value from a text box using Blue Prism and am having some difficulties. I'm able to spy the element OK and Blue Prism will carry on as though there hasn't been any problem with the box, however it will not read and retain the value in a data item. No errors are thrown and the box is protected from edits by Javascript. Could the edit block be preventing me from reading from it or is it more likely that I'm doing something wrong? I have checked and I'm definitely instructing it to store the value properly. Thanks in advance for any advice!
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I presume this is a browser application? Have you tried both Browser Mode and Accessibillity mode? Accessibility mode (guide for it on the portal) sometimes offers more options. Have you tried Application Navigator in Application Modeller? It could be you can only identify an overlying element rather than the underlying element you want to read Try using Get Table - sometimes that returns more data for your element and surrounding elements. When you identify all the elements is the current value shown in any of the attributes? If the value is not shown in any attribute than a read stage will never be able to read it. If the value is shown in a different attribute than text or value you may need to use the Get Attribute action in a read stage.