Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Duplicates

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
36811.png

Good afternoon!
I am having problems to be able to eliminate duplicates in a range of data since the Remove duplicates action does not work for me, I do not know if it is only me that is not applying it in a good way or what would be my mistake. But I need to remove duplicates between this range. A1:F30.
10 REPLIES 10

VivekGoel
Level 10
Hi Fatima, Can you please tell us what is the error that you are getting while using the "Remove Duplicates" action?
A screenshot of the input parameters for the action would help.

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
36796.png
Hello! That would be the way to implement it but I don't know what the error would be, if you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Hi Fatima

I think this is likely because in the column number you have 5:10 and this can only be a number. This column is the column you want to filter on so in your case it can be e,f,g,h,i,j so 5,6,7,8,9 or 10 but not a combination like you would do with a column range. So if you wanted to removed duplicates and filter on column E then you inputs will be 36798.png

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
Thanks for the clarification, but in my case it doesn't work that way because if I do it that way it deletes all the data in the range I don't know why. Being that when doing it manually from excel, selecting the range and then going to the Data-Remove Duplicates tab; This throws me this message telling me the following and not deleting anything:
36799.png

Have you tried taking the worksheet as a collection in blueprism and then use Utility - Collection Manipulation Extended > Remove duplicates
This might work a little better for you and after which you can paste the data back to excel.

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
Hello, I tried to implement what you recommend but I did not find such an action. And when searching I found a similar one but in the lower part, in the second parameter that it requests from the collection part, I do not understand how I should place it. Since I need to remove the duplicates that are within a range as I had already mentioned.
36806.png

Using the Collection action remove duplicates you will need to set the duplicate column name you want to search for the duplicates in, similar to excel. This should remove each row where a duplicate is found, if you need to do multiple columns then you can set a loop to go through each column you want to do. For example create a collection with the column names you want to remove duplicates from ColumnName1, ColumnName2, ColumnName3 etc, then use a loop to go through this collection and using the remove duplicates action you can set the column name using this collection. In Field the value would be [ColumnsCollection.Column]
36807.png

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
Thank you very much for your help, I will be applying what you explained to me.

FatimaAlcaraz
Level 4
Hi, it won't let me post a new query that I don't know about because it no longer gives me the Add Post option.
That's why I'm going to explain it here; I need to get the values of a collection between semicolons ( ; ) Example: 000123;00234;77700;...
36808.png
I tried to get the data with the Get collection as CSV action.
36809.png36810.png