cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return value from injected javascript, give elements to BP and get located elements hWnd

DavidEdwards-Da
Level 5
Have the following ideas for enhancements that would be good quality of life changes (at least in my case) Idea 1: It would be fantastic if we could get the return value from injected javascript and store it in a data item. Currently this doesn't seem to be possible, so I have a hacky work around of doing it: 1) Inject javascript 2) Javascript does it's stuff, then creates an element with a particular ID, setting the value to what I need to return 3) Blue Prism does a Read stage against that ID to get it's value Idea 2: Allow us to pass in self located elements to Blue Prism in both browser and win32 modes. For browsers it would be an element reference, likely gotten from the above. For win32, it would be the hWnd of the control we have found. Idea 3: Provide functionality to give the hWnd of any Blue Prism located control, so that it may easily be operated on within our own code stage.
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Good ideas David. I had similar thoughts to your hack #1 as a means to reach data that is difficult/slow to reach via application modeller.