cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype For Business Integration (Lync)

magda_ilinca
Level 2
Hi everyone, Has anyone integrated with Skype For Business (former Lync) without using Surface Automation? I can't attach to the process. Any clues? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There is no interface created/distributed by Blue Prism so you would need to create one yourself. Looking online there does seem to be a Lync SDK 2013 API that would be compatible with Skype (https://blog.thoughtstuff.co.uk/2014/08/microsoft-lync-desktop-developm) and there are also Skype for Business specfic SDKs available from Microsoft. If you have not created an API interface before using code stages, there is a data sheet in the product area of the Portal called 'Extending Automations using the .NET Framework', and I suggest looking at the VBOs distributed with the product for examples.

AlexanderHollma
Level 3
Actually I managed to attach to Skype for Business when you start it with its .exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe) and disable ""Restrict to non-invasive automation techniques"" (Application Manager to External, OS address size) I am still working on Attaching to a running instance ..or else i will just terminate it and launch it.

Hi friend
It's great that you found a solution to attach to Skype for Business by starting it with its .exe file and adjusting the application manager settings. Continuing to troubleshoot and experiment with different approaches can help to further optimize the experience.

------------------------------
Amelia khan
------------------------------