cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TabProcGrowth causes HRESULT: 0x80070012

ThomasTong
Level 4
My Navigation->Attach stage throws an exception when I set the TabProcGrowth regvar.  I created the variable as DWORD (0) in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  I was told to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE also but with string (Medium), but that didn't help either. Any ideas how to prevent the exception from being thrown from Attach?
9 REPLIES 9

ThomasTong
Level 4
So why do I need TabProcGrowth in the first place?  Because Navigation->Attach throws an exception if I don't,  saying there are more than one matching application.  So it's one exception or the other, but I need zero exceptions.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
TabProcGrowth limits it to one process. If there are multiple, as the error you just mentioned suggests, it doesn't know which one to hook onto.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
TabProcGrowth isn't the cause of your HRESULT: 0x80070012 ""There are no more files"" error. It just fixed another error, which allowed it to go through the code until it hit that point.   The most I can find references some sort of ASUS Data Security Manager service causing issues. Other people are reporting that it has to do with Windows Update KB4022725 .

ThomasTong
Level 4
Sorry about my confusing post... The Navigation->Attach actually works when TabProcGrowth is set, even with multiple IE copies running. But if I close all IE, Attach obviously fails, and that's fine.  But when Navigation->Launch is called (with no IE running), it throws the 0x80070012 exception.  This is with both USER and LOCAL Machine's TabProcGrowth set (0 and Medium, respectively).

AmiBarrett
Level 12
The Attach has been known to initially work when there are multiple instances, but will fail not long after.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
To clarify: Subsequent actions will fail due to multiple instances.

ThomasTong
Level 4
@Amibarrett, the problem I'm having is trying to launch IE (without any previous copies running), not Attach, and getting the 0x80070012.  Thanks.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I understand that. I just don't have a definitive answer to Launch throwing that.   Does it have an error when you launch IE without the bot? If not, you can switch to launching it by command-line instead.

Hi,

How was this error resolved? Could you please let me know.

Knowledge article says its is caused by OS but not sure how it could be resolved.

------------------------------
naresh reddy
SE
TCS
Europe/London
------------------------------