cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new Credentials using System Manager.

rachel_py_tan
Level 2
Hi everyone, I am unable to add a new credentials using the system manager (I've done it before, but suddenly it has thrown me this error - please see attached). I have allowed all access rights to all resources, processes, and roles. I wanted to use this, rather than storing them in usual data items. Any help is much appreciated. Regards Rachel
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
We can't see attachments on the forum, but my guess would be that the 'Credentials Key' Encryption Scheme is not set up. This needs to be in place first so that your credential can be save in the DB in an encrypted format.

Sigh, I've done it before (without any issues) and now, I couldn't. It is throwing the error: Failed to save credential - could not encrypt data because the algorithm 0 is invalid.

Hi Rachel I get that error when trying to add credentials from the Application Server when the encryption scheme is set up to save credentials on the App Server. It seems that if your encryption scheme is set up to store credentials on the App Server, then you cannot create the credentials from the Server - rather you have to create them from one of the Interactive Clients. If the encryption scheme is set up to store the credentials in the Database Server, then you can add the credentials on the Application Server. The following knowledge base article explains this in more detail: https://blueprism.knowledgeowl.com/help/how-do-i-create-credentials-sto Hope this helps.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi hhavemann may be right in that the encryption schema is stored in App Server. Alternative solution is to delete Credentials and restart App Server and then try to save Credentials again. Make sure that App Sever is started by either Clicking Start Button of BPServer.exe or starting of App Server Service(provided by BPServerService.exe). Hope this helps.