cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual Behavior in Automation

RajathGopal1
Level 2

Hi All,
I have an web based application, which has a link and when clicking launches a windows based application and i am supposed to check a checkbox.

Somehow when we run the BOT in the production there are some unusual cases where it launches this windows based application and checks the check box and goes forward, but then when we see the logs from the application it says BOT checked and unchecked the checkbox.
Have any of you guys faced a similar kind of issues? or could you please let me know what could be the reason for such a behavior.

Thanks in Advance!!

------------------------------
Rajath
2 REPLIES 2

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

so the automation works fine as expected but the logs shows something different?
or does the robot actually checks and unchecks?

depending on which type of spying you used, checkbox automation may work not like expected. 
for example the navigate on a checkbox 'Set Item Checked' is actually a switch, turning it on or off depending on the current state of the checkbox. if you are using this navigate and run it twice, the checkbox will be unchecked in the end.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rajath,

Yes I've seen this and we ended up having to do a workaround of checking and unchecking the box before doing anything.  I know it seems strange but it was the only way to ensure that the actual check or leaving it unchecked works during the process.

Web can do strange things.

Good luck

David Carn Manager Process Automation
Manager Process Automation
Department of Finance
Canberra