cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Migration

SunilYaramasu
Level 2
Hi, Currently I am using windows 7 environment and blueprism version 5. I want to migrate to windows 10. Could some one help me on issues in blueprism? what kind of issues we can expect after migrating to Windows10? is there any precautions we need to take care before migrations? After migration what are the main items we need to check it in blueprism?   Thanks, YS
1 REPLY 1

ashish.easow
Staff
Staff
When you migrate from 7 to 10 there are multiple configurations whch may change. That is what typically impacts code. For eg, if font smoothing in enabled, Sa may stop detecting fonts, same with display settings, if your display setting changes, then the spied application fields may be impacted. Java version change may impact java code spied. If you have spied a windows app in 7 and its a new install of the app in windows 10, there Is no gurranties that its the same app even if look and feel are the same. iexplorer settings change and version changes, so it may open multiple tabs and multiple processes. I am not saying they will fail, but you would need to regression test, html code with path are typically safe. So it depends on what kind of application have you spied, how have you spied and what  all configuration has changed in your new windows.  One of the reasons I recommend all environment configs to remain the same is so that you don't end up with changes on migrating environments. I suggest try to run the test cases in a sandbox after you make this change in a test system, but better try to keep configurations like zoom, resolution, font, group policies etc the same if possible.