cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdGarabedian
Level 6

Provide an automatic refactoring update to any renamed data item.
Although renaming should not be done willy-nilly, it is a common task during development.  As your process grows it can become burdensome to manually have to find references and rename each occurrence of data item.  If a rename could be detected, prompt offered to confirm with list of potential updates, that would be very helpful. potentially useful and core capability for other renaming/adjustment tasks such as renaming components, page references, etc.

13 Comments
FelixOehl
Level 6

Still getting requests for this functionality 2.5 years after it was moved to 'Planned'...

Hi @FelixOehl

I wanted to respond to acknowledge the point you're raising as I appreciate that this represents a cause of frustration for a lot of our community users.

As you correctly point out, the ideation process was previously flawed in that the "Planned" status had no associated timeline or commitment from Blue Prism with regards to implementation.

We've now addressed this problem by adding new statuses for Planned - Now, Planned - Next and Planned - Later to outline when we expect ideas to be delivered into our products. We're actively attempting to phase out the traditional "Planned" status in favour of the statuses that now include that timescale indicator.

Regards,

Rob

Hi @EdGarabedian3,

I'm pleased to confirm that this enhancement is planned for delivery in Blue Prism 7.4. I'm updating the idea status to Planned - Next as a result of this release being planned for the second half of this year. More precise delivery dates will be added to the product roadmap as we approach the progress through the year, and this idea's status will be updated accordingly.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Rob