cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devendra_KumarP
Level 7
When we rename the data item there is no option to update renamed data item name in all stages. Developer need to manually update all stages. BP should provide option to update all stages.
Let me know if you need any other info.
5 Comments
diane.sanzone
Level 7
I have a question about this.  How would this work if you have multiple data items existing with the name?  For example, I use "Retry Counter" on nearly every process page.  What if I decide on one page I need 2 retry counters, so now I want to update only that one page to change "Retry Counter" to "File Open Retry Counter"?  How would we differentiate between the data items?  I ask because typically if I need to rename one, it's because I forgot I was already using that name somewhere else and now there's a conflict.  Theoretically I agree with the idea, I just wonder what the UX would be like on it.
Devendra_KumarP
Level 7

Thanks Diane for asking question.

Data item has its scope. For example – I have a local data item on page1 and using same data item in 4 stages on page1. When you rename data item on page 1 , then new name should be updated on page1 only.

For Data item is Global and when you rename then new name will update in all pages.

If there is existing data item (with same name) then BP will not allow to rename it.

Hope I did not confuse you.

HARSHVERMA
Level 3
Appreciated
ScottRobson
Level 6
I'm pretty sure there is another Idea Request on here for adding a "Find/Replace All" feature, which would be able to do this, as well as having other uses.

Worth searching that one out and voting for it.
AmyTsaousi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Devendra, Thank you so much for sharing your idea. The team have reviewed it and assessed that it's a duplicate of this idea which is already marked as planned: https://community.blueprism.com/content/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=e127790e-924d-4618-ba2a-7e7e49f1aeef

Ideas that are planned can still receive votes so if it will enhance your experience please give it some love. 

Many thanks,
Amy