cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mode didn't work

RanaAbu_Samhan1
Level 3
Hello all

I'm facing a problem when I trying to spy elements using Java Mode. I got this error "There was an error during the spying operation."
I think my installation is wrong, can anyone provide me the link to install JAB and JRE?

------------------------------
Rana Abu Samhan
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi @Rana Abu Samhan

You can refer to the below steps for enabling JAVA mode and check once if that works:

Steps For Enabling Java Mode:

1) Download the Java 8 SDK from Oracle website for 32 bit : JAVA SE 8  and then install it on your machine.

NOTE: You would need to register an Oracle account in order to download it.

34231.png
NOTE: I am downloading 32 bit since Blue Prism expects a 32 dll driver for JAB.

2) Now, install the Java Access Bridge (2.0.1) from here: JAB 2.0.1 and then install it on your machine.

34232.png

NOTE: JAB 2.0.2 has some bugs so do not install that

3) Once you have installed both of them, Go to Control Panel -> Ease Of Access Center -> Make It Easer To Focus On Task and check the Enable Java Access Bridge option

34233.png

4) Now, copy the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll file from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_202\jre\bin to your Blue Prism installation folder:

34234.png
5) Now when you create a new business object, choose the Java Automation option in the Application Modeler inside your Blue Prism, give all the input parameters such as the file path of your application and you should be able to see Java Mode while spying:

34235.png

6) Spy elements using Java Mode for this application:

34236.png

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Neel1
MVP
hello @Rana Abu Samhan - please check the below link for information.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/Guides/java-access-bridge/java-access-bridge-jab.htm?tocpath=Guides%7CJava%20Access%20Bridge%20(JAB)%7C_____0​

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

I tried everything. I installed the JDK, is it same as the JRE?
Can you provide me a link to install the JRE?

Rana Abu Samhan

Hi @Rana Abu Samhan After installing Java you have to enable JAB, and then it will work. Now a days if you install the JAVA package it includes JDK and JRE with that
Below is the link for the same,
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/access/enable_and_test.html​

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

I tried to install the jdk from your link, but the java mode still doesn't work.

Rana Abu Samhan

Hi @Rana Abu Samhan

You can refer to the below steps for enabling JAVA mode and check once if that works:

Steps For Enabling Java Mode:

1) Download the Java 8 SDK from Oracle website for 32 bit : JAVA SE 8  and then install it on your machine.

NOTE: You would need to register an Oracle account in order to download it.

34231.png
NOTE: I am downloading 32 bit since Blue Prism expects a 32 dll driver for JAB.

2) Now, install the Java Access Bridge (2.0.1) from here: JAB 2.0.1 and then install it on your machine.

34232.png

NOTE: JAB 2.0.2 has some bugs so do not install that

3) Once you have installed both of them, Go to Control Panel -> Ease Of Access Center -> Make It Easer To Focus On Task and check the Enable Java Access Bridge option

34233.png

4) Now, copy the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll file from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_202\jre\bin to your Blue Prism installation folder:

34234.png
5) Now when you create a new business object, choose the Java Automation option in the Application Modeler inside your Blue Prism, give all the input parameters such as the file path of your application and you should be able to see Java Mode while spying:

34235.png

6) Spy elements using Java Mode for this application:

34236.png

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,