cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging best-practices

SamLima
Level 7
36560.png

36561.pngit's written that "It is possible to override the stage logging settings which has been assigned in a process or Business Object, by setting the logging level at Runtime Resource/Digital Worker level.This means that each Resource can have its own logging level defined."

but I have tried this option and I still can't view logs yet

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

What you have mentioned is correct, the logging settings at a runtime resource level will override all the logging settings​ which are being done at a Process/Object level. From your post we are not able to get how exactly you tried this option but let me demonstrate a small example out to you.

Let say I have a process with only one action where I am setting the logs level as 'Enabled'. Now when I run the process post publishing it in the control room, I will be able to see the logs on that action stage in the Session Log Viewer wizard as shown below:

36558.png

Now, I go to my 'System' tab and under 'Resources' section I click on 'Management' and then select my runtime resources and right click on it to choose the logging level as 'Errors Only'. Now, if I again run my process from Control Room you can see that I am not able to view the logs on my action stage which I was able to do before as shown below:

36559.png

This is because my settings for logging have been overridden at a runtime resource level.

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------
------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.