cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Spying a right-click drop down menu

RebeccaKelly
Level 2
Hello. I'm relatively new at RPA. I'm currently trying to automate pulling a report from SAP. I'm at the stage where the report is generated, but now I want to export it to a spreadsheet. This involves right clicking on the report content from which a drop down is generated. I'm running into issues spying the drop down - to start, I need to click away from SAP to engage my application modeler, which makes the drop down go away. If I right click into SAP with spy mode already engaged, it seems to "forget" that it's in spy mode as soon as I click into SAP again. 

I've tried entering "S" twice and then pressing enter, but that doesn't seem to work, though it works when I do it manually in the program. It's as if BluePrism can't acknowledge the drop down.

Would appreciate any help!

------------------------------
Rebecca Kelly
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

MadhurChopra
Staff
Staff
Hey Rebecca,

That's an interesting situation. Here's what I would suggest; when you try to spy the shortcut menu use Win32 mode instead of SAP mode. Just like the main window, SAP leverages Windows libraries to popup shortcut menus. I tried this and BP was able to spy the shortcut menu window.
7866.png

What cannot be spied are the individual menu options presented. However, SAP is very good at ensuring availability of hotkeys (or shortcut keys) and you should be able to pass key strokes to the application once you have ensured that the menu is displayed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MadhurChopra
Staff
Staff
Hey Rebecca,

That's an interesting situation. Here's what I would suggest; when you try to spy the shortcut menu use Win32 mode instead of SAP mode. Just like the main window, SAP leverages Windows libraries to popup shortcut menus. I tried this and BP was able to spy the shortcut menu window.
7866.png

What cannot be spied are the individual menu options presented. However, SAP is very good at ensuring availability of hotkeys (or shortcut keys) and you should be able to pass key strokes to the application once you have ensured that the menu is displayed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Madhur Chopra
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism - Professional Services
America/Los_Angeles

That worked, thank you!

Rebecca Kelly