cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global send key events

Lokeshsansanwal
Level 2
Hi, i want to send windows+R to a active application to open the run window.

Can anyone provide the syntax for that pls

------------------------------
Lokesh sansanwal
3 REPLIES 3

kez2fab
Staff
Staff
Hello Lokesh,

not sure if you were able to figure out how to send the combination of Windows key + R to open the Run window, but in case you haven't, and for future reference, this can be achieved by doing the following in your Navigate stage:

1. Use a "Global Send Key Events" to send the Windows Key using the text value "<{LWin}"
(Note: 'LWIN' is case sensitive)

1051.png

2. Use a "Global Send Keys" to send the 'r' key using the text value "r"

1052.png

3. Use a "Global Send Key Events" to release the Windows Keys using the text value ">{LWin}"

1053.png

Further technical details on how Windows treats Send Key Events can be found in the following link:
Keys Enumeration

Anthony Ringot
Senior Support Engineer

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hi Lokesh ,

For using Win+R what @kez2fab mentioned is perfect .

Though i will not suggest you to use this way for opening run window as this has many exceptions. I have came across such issue in past and will advice you to open run mode through below command on Command line.
explorer.exe Shell:::{2559a1f3-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}

[Vipul] [Tiwari] [Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Developer]
[Fidelity]
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Hi Anthony,

The information you have provided is very helpful. I am also trying to work  out the same situation. But what I am unclear is how the Application modeller is to be composed. Meaning the details that need to be there in Application Wizard like type of application etc.

pooja gupta