cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Restart

MickJiulamer
Level 2

Currently, whenever we restart our machines, we have to manually bring up resources. How can I automate this process to speed up and improve efficiency? What would be the best practice?

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

I faced similar issues before. One suggestion is to use the execution of a script to initialize the RR. You can schedule this in the Windows Scheduler to start along with the system.
You can use the following command in CMD: "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

Or a PowerShell script:
echo createobject("shell.application").shellexecute "cmd.exe",,,"runas",1 > runas.vbs & start /wait runas.vbs & del /f runas.vbs "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

This will help automate the initialization process, ensuring a smoother transition after server updates and minimizing the need for manual intervention.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I faced similar issues before. One suggestion is to use the execution of a script to initialize the RR. You can schedule this in the Windows Scheduler to start along with the system.
You can use the following command in CMD: "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

Or a PowerShell script:
echo createobject("shell.application").shellexecute "cmd.exe",,,"runas",1 > runas.vbs & start /wait runas.vbs & del /f runas.vbs "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso

This will help automate the initialization process, ensuring a smoother transition after server updates and minimizing the need for manual intervention.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the "Best Answer." ------------------------------ [FirstName] [LastName] - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wagnervasconceloss/ Intelligent Automation Consultant [Country]

Hi, 

I tried this  command in CMD: "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8181 /sso and got below error.

"Active Directory authentication is disabled. Please use a different authentication method, for example /user"

Could you please assist?

I personally wouldnt use the task scheduler for this and rather embed the listener file in the start up folder so it launches when you sign in. The startup folder is usually something like C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

In here i would save the listener bat file, as for the issue you mentioned @nazia it looks like you are using sso in the script. Try changing it to be a little simpler using the following script "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /dbconname "PROD ENVIRONMENT"

The dbconname should match however the name is configured in the blueprism application example below. Hope this helps 🙂

michaeloneil_0-1721723072741.png