cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding encryption properties to oracle VBO connection string

RaedAmmar
Level 3
Hello, 

I'm trying to connect to a database from within Blue Prism to execute SQL scripts and extract data from tables, but i'm facing a logon trigger error that i believe is related  to security measures in said database.

In the advanced parameters in SQL dev properties we have added the following parameter : 
oracle.net.encryption_client=requested

i was wondering if it is possible to add this statement in the connection string.

Thanks in advance.

Edit : here's the error message : 
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'SYS.TRG_LOGON_CRYPT'
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-20003: CHECK : Connection refused by the trigger on database
ORA-06512: at line 63
9 REPLIES 9

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Raed Ammar,

Are you using the Oracle VBO from the DX to connect to your database or some other VBO? If it's one of the database VBO's from the DX, the general answer is that yes you can edit the connection string within the VBO. 

Cheers,​
Eric

RaedAmmar
Level 3
Hi @ewilson,
Thank you for your Answer! I'm indeed using DX VBO to set the database connection. Any advice on how to incorporate the ​oracle.net.encryption_client=requested statement in the connection string? I tried adding it at the end of the string and that didn't work. 

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Raed Ammar,

I've been scouring Oracle documentation, but I'm not seeing an equivalent attribute for setting the encryption type via the connection string. Instead, it looks like you may have to do it within the actual Code stage​ of the Open action. Try changing the Code stage to look like this:

35234.png
NOTE: I have not tested this myself.

Cheers,
Eric

RaedAmmar
Level 3
Hello @ewilson

I have tried the solution you have mentioned, but i'm getting this error at the Open code stage when trying the Get Collection process example :

'This property cannot be set after a connection has been opened' 

any insight on this ?

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Raed Ammar,

That's strange. Did you add the new line of code before the call to the .Open() method as in my screenshot?

Cheers,
Eric​

RaedAmmar
Level 3
@ewilson
indeed, i added the line exaclty as shown in your screenshot. here's a look at my code stage :
35236.png
here's the error i encoutred : 
35237.png
this leads to the code stage Get Data Table being skipped :
35238.png

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Thanks for verifying @Raed Ammar. Does this error occur immediately on your first call to an action in the VBO or only on subsequent requests? The reason I ask is that the call to .Open() is obviously after the step where you're trying to set that property.

Cheers,
Eric​

RaedAmmar
Level 3
@ewilson
The process i'm currently using to test the connectivity to said database is Get Collection : 
35239.png
i always refresh and reset the process before running it step by step, so i would say it occures during the first call

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Ok. Try moving the SqlNetEncryptionClient call to the first line within the try{} block.

Cheers,
Eric