cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism Process fails in closed Remote Desktop Environment. Will VNC solve this issue??

RyoheiSuzuki
Level 2
Hi all, I am running BluePrism on Windows Server 2012 environment using Remote Desktop Connection. When I start a process on this environment and close the RDC window, the process throws an error because the system is locked by closing the window. Then I found an article below, which is saying TeamViewer or VNC may conqure this kind of issues.   - BluePrims in Remote Desktop Enviroment (Citrix) https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/technical-queries/processobject-studio/blueprims-remote-desktop-enviroment-citrix   Does anyone try TeamViewer or VNC? and did it resolve the issue?? I would appreciate if you could give me your solutions.   BR,   Ryohei
14 REPLIES 14

david.l.morris
Level 14
Yes, I have seen people use TeamViewer in order to avoid that locking issue with RDP. Haven't tried VNC.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

WojciechLach1
Level 2
Hi Ryohei, basically there is a way, without additional software installed, to keep RPD alive. In our infrastructure we're running a native Windows 2012 and once we close the RDP window, runtime resource will come back to console keeping the session active an unlocked. We tried using VNC in the beginning and what it does is modifying some system settings to allow more than one console session. How actually does the session switch work? Once you connect through RDP you create RDPtcp session. To see the current state, on BP client desktop, try running  ""qwinsta"" command. Blue Prism runtime desktop, ( or interactive client desktop) you want to keep alive once you close the RDP windows is closed, should redirect the session from RDPtcp to console. I will provide the most simple example how to create schedules that will automatically keep the session alive, simply by executing bat files. I strongly advise speaking with local IT department as this solution can be implemented on policy level.  Below example is not perfect, it requires admin rights to be deployed and it just shows the mechanism used to keep the session active once RDP is closed     Step 1. Create bat files 1. Create a bat file to grab the current user session number and save it in a text file in c:\bin folder, Save the below code as ID_Extract.bat echo off Mkdir C:\bin set MY_SESSION_ID=unknown for /f ""tokens=3-4"" %%a in ('query session %username%') do @if ""%%b""==""Active"" set MY_SESSION_ID=%%a set aa3=%MY_SESSION_ID% >C:\bin\MY_SESSION_ID.txt echo %aa3% pause   2. Create bat file executing console switch Save the below code as redirect_session.bat set /p MY_SESSION_ID=

RyoheiSuzuki
Level 2
Thank you all for giving me comments. I talked to our IT dept. about both team viewer and admin rights bat. but unfortunately neither one was allowed to us... Instead, they gave us a VMware Remote Console as a substitution of RDP and it works well! Thank you very much again.   Ryohei    

NevilleWatson
Level 4
Hi,   I encountered the same before.  The issue arises because the desktop used when the bots are running minimised is not the same descktop you see when you log in to a remote desktop session. I used UltraVNC succesfully to overcome this. You may also want to confrim that the screen resolution on the desktop observed in UltraVNC is the same as the resolution used for development.   I noted that the default robotic desktop is 768x1024. If any element fingerprints rely on XY coordinates or of you are using global mouse click actions then these will be impacted.    

Hi, 

Could you please provide a more detailed example of how you implemented this switch?

Thank you

------------------------------
David Vizcaíno
RPA Programmer
EY
America/Bogota

Hi All,

Basically I am facing same issue while closing/disconnecting/sign of RDP from my Laptop then Bot Schedule run/normally run is stopping in run time machine in production. I always keeping Open my system with RDP then it is running. I understand from your conversation that once RDP is closed BOT is not getting session and stop running. I am using BP version 7.2 and window 10. As I am new in BP can you suggest and give me steps how to resolve. Is there any in build feature that can help to resolve this issue. I cant work while running BOT because always need to keep open RDP. Login Agent can install ? is this Login Agent can resolve my issue. In that can can you suggest steps to follow how to install and use. 

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das

Hi,

Also I there is no any login option is implemented in Runtime resource machine(Production machine). Once I use RDP only can see blue screen with name of the user and automatically open desktop. No login option implemented. Is that when Sign off RDP automatically session was closed and when Bot start running as previously session is not available Bot stopping ?

Thanks,

Pralay 

Pralay Das

HI,

For example if you don't have login agent and directly disconnecting the RDP session the process will be terminated also session will be offline.

To resolve this issue use need to use login agent concept as part of your VM machine. Basically Login agent will be login to the machine automatically and run the process in the backend. Please follow the below article to setup the login agent in your VM machine.

How to set up Login Agent : (blueprism.com)

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi Devendran,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have installed Login Agent and setup local policy and after restart when I tried import Login Agent Release file it is not showing wile browsing but in Login Agent folder all file available. Can you please why cant Import. Please see below screen shot.

When Importing Login Agent Release file. It is showing no file available. Do I need to install again ?

12027.png

But when I navigate to C drive all file is available in Login Agent folder.

12028.pngCan you suggest on this how proceed.

Thanks,

Pralay

Pralay Das